by Matthew Meo
Charging subscribers for access to premium content on a WordPress site is now very easy with the Chargify WordPress plugin. Within minutes, you can:
- Create the desired plans in your Chargify account. Chargify handles almost almost any billing scenario possible – free trials, flexible billing cycles (monthly, annual, or custom), coupon codes, and so much more!
- Install the WordPress plugin and connect it to your Chargify account.
- Create members only content by placing shortcodes on the desired WordPress pages.
- Let visitors sign up and watch the revenue come in!
Subscriber Access Levels:
If you need to create different subscription levels such as $10/month for partial access or $20/month for full access, you can easily control what content is accessible based on the customer’s subscription level. This functionality provides tremendous flexibility and revenue potential.
Self-Service Subscription Management
Signing up subscribers is only half the battle. Luckily, Chargify provides a customer-facing, self-service billing portal where your subscribers can manage their subscriptions (upgrade, downgrade, updating billing info, etc.) and cancel if needed. You can customize it based on which functionality you need.
The billing portal automates the subscription management process so you can focus on what’s important – growing your business.
How to Start Making Money
To get started, you will need:
- A Chargify account
- A WordPress site with the Chargify plugin installed
- An idea for premium content that people are willing to pay for
Disclaimer: This plugin has been available for many years, but v1.x was limited, buggy, and frankly, did not work well. With the release of v2.x, the plugin is now stable, feature-rich, and works as advertised. Thanks to 9seeds for working with our team to release v2.x.