We sent this update to all of our merchants via email, and someone suggested we blog it, too.
It’s a summary of all the software work we did in March.
The BIG things we worked on (and last 2: still working on):
* Added components to hosted signup pages.
* Added “Organization” field to hosted signup pages.
* Added PayPal Website Payments Pro as a gateway option for US, UK, and Canadian merchants.
* Added support for refunds to be processed in Chargify through the Braintree payment gateway.
* Added “Events” API endpoints, which provide all sorts of event data (signups, upgrades, cancellations, etc.).
* Added API rate limiting system (late-stage testing now).
* Added foundation for better stats/charting for things like LTV, churn, and other data (early-stage testing soon).
* Added count of failed signups to daily status email.
The LITTLE things we worked on:
v1.19.0 Released (March 29, 2012 04:15 PM EDT)
* New: Refunds on the Braintree Blue gateway are now supported.
* Fixed: A regression on an earlier fix was causing paid statements to show “PAID” in red instead of green
v1.18.8 Released (March 28, 2012 12:37 PM EDT)
* Fixed: The `per_page` value was incorrect for API requests initiated with an Accept header (not with a suffix, i.e. `.json`).
* Fixed: The transactions page generated an error in cases where a subscription had been deleted manually.
* Fixed: Archived components were showing on the hosted signup page.
v1.18.6 Released (March 21, 2012 02:25 PM EDT)
* New: Added an “Organization” field to the customer section on the hosted pages.
* New: Daily status email now includes a count of failed signups.
* Fixed: Error message for CVV code was not always showing on hosted signup pages.
v1.18.5 Released (March 19, 2012 1:15 PM ET)
* Fixed: In the previous deploy (v1.18.4), we accidentally rate-limited 2 merchants use of the API, even though we thought we were just counting/monitoring the number of API requests being made. This fix ensures that we’re really just counting/monitoring API requests.
v1.18.4 Released (March 19, 2012 10:05 AM ET)
* New: The upgrade/downgrade migration tab on a subscription is now hidden when the subscribed product family contains only 1 product.
* New: Began counting & monitoring API requests to better understand how API rate limiting should be designed for the Chargify API.
* Fixed: Server error that occurred when viewing some statements for products with trial periods.
v1.18.3 Released (March 15, 2012 11:35 AM ET)
* Fixed: Bug in the Migrations API that was not applying coupons by default when migrating a subscription. Coupons are now appropriately applied by default upon a subscription migration. Check out the updated Migrations API documentation regarding the include_coupons input attribute if you need more control over this behavior.
v1.18.0 Released (March 13, 2012 5:32 PM ET)
* New: Enabled PayPal Website Payments Pro as a gateway on new accounts and new sites.
* New: “Add Coupon” page now shows a scrollable list of all available coupons (rather than a truncated list).
* Fixed: Bug with PayPal card update operations encountered when update authorization failed.
* Fixed: Failure to “retain” payment methods in the Samurai payment gateway.
v1.16.4 (March 2, 2012 6:18PM EST)
* A small bug fix release.
* New: Ordering on the “Activity” tab for a single subscription shows most recent activity first.
* Fixed: Payments from a subscription reactivation were not properly reflected in the “Activity Stream”.